StreetPilot c340 $200.00
- StreetPilot c340 receiver w/built-in antenna
- Dual internal speaker system for voice guidance and alerts
- Vehicle suction cup mount w/12-24 volt adapter
- Dashboard disk
- USB interface cable
- Preloaded with City Navigator® North America NT
- Quick-reference guide
Beat the Traffic Before it Beats You
The StreetPilot c 340 provides in-car navigation that is simple for anyone to use directly out of the box. After selecting a destination from the user-friendly touch screen interface, Garmin’s text-to-speech feature tells users the name of the street, when to turn, and in what direction. If you miss your turn, the c340 automatically calculates a new route to the destination.
Notification of traffic delays is a c340 option that lets drivers see congested areas via a color-coded map. This feature lets users avoid traffic by simply pushing a button that will calculate a new route. This traffic awareness is made possible via the new Garmin GTM 10™ FM TMC receiver that connects to selected Garmin street navigation products. The GTM 10 receives digital data from specific FM broadcast stations in select major metro areas throughout the United States and Europe.
Garmin has also added the ability for customers to augment the preloaded maps with custom POI’s from industry-standard CSV files, such as school zones and safety cameras. In addition, a proximity alert feature is included to optionally notify the driver of upcoming custom POI’s. The StreetPilot c340 comes preloaded with highly detailed City Select® NT street data of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The database features nearly six million points of interest—including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions.
The StreetPilot c340 joins Garmin’s growing line of automotive GPS navigators. It has a bright, 3.5-inch diagonal, TFT display with touchscreen; dual integrated speakers for high-quality voice prompts; and an internal lithium-ion battery for out-of-car route planning.
The StreetPilot c-series boasts distinctive and sleek styling—the units’ only buttons are a rotary volume knob and an on/off switch. The device is secured by a suction-mount cradle that fastens to the windshield, for easy portability between vehicles. Users can customize their unit’s appearance with an array of colored faceplates (sold separately).
StreetPilot c340 features
- WAAS-enabled 12 parallel channel GPS
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Preloaded with detailed U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico maps – no downloading required
- SD memory card expansion slot for use with other MapSource street-mapping products
- Traffic alerts with optional GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver*
- Text-to-Speech – unit prompts you to “Turn right on Main St” instead of “Turn right in 500 feet”
- Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
- Users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, and more with Garmin’s POI loader program (free from www.garmin.com)
- Choose between a three-dimensional mapping perspective or 2D overhead view
- Display: 2.8”W x 2.1”H (3.5” diag.), 320 x 240 pixels; bright, TFT display, 64K colors, with white backlight and touch screen
- Unit dimensions: 4.4” W x 3.2” H x 2.8” D
- Weights just 9.4 ounces
- Built-in lithium ion battery for trip planning (approximately 4-8 hours battery life)
- Includes integrated 12-volt power adapter/speaker for external power while in your vehicle
- Integrated suction-cup mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release
- USB interface
*Traffic services available only in select cities where RDS-TMC coverage exists. Click here for coverage areas. Requires the GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver and possible subscription to enable traffic capability.